Well this was a delicious treat for a weekend brunch. I used two slices of seeded bread, dipped in an egg white, cinnamon and vanilla mix then fried to perfection and served with maple syrup, berries and greek yogurt.
The lovely team at Two chick products sent me some of their liquid egg whites that I couldn’t wait to test out. Having egg whites so easily excessible means less mes in the kitchen and wasting the egg yolks! It also reduces the fat of the dish and ups the protein… win win!
Let me know if you give this a go by tagging me in Instagram and Facebook.
Maple and cinnamon French toastCourse: BrunchDifficulty: Easy
A hearty weekend brunch. Cinnamon French toast, made with egg whites and served with maple syrup, berries and greek yogurt.
2 slices of wholemeal bread
120ml liquid egg whites
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
10g unsalted butter, for frying
100g Greek yogurt 0% (I used Fage)
100g mixed berries (I used strawberries and blueberries)
20ml maple syrup
- Add the egg whites, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to a shallow dish (I used a pasta bowl) and whisk together.
- Place a frying pan on a medium/high heat and add the butter.
- While the butter is melting, place the first slice of bread in the mix, leave for 10 seconds to soak up the egg mixture then flip over, repeat then place straight into the pan.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes before flipping over and cooking for a further 2-3 minutes on the other side, until golden.
- Repeat with the other slice of bread.
- Serve with greek yogurt, berries and maple syrup.
- Calories based on two slices of bread at 100 calories each.