These cookies NEED to be added to your ‘to do’ list. They are unbelievably good and incredibley moreish. They have the perfect crisp texture and have the perfect combo of dark chocolate and hazelnuts. I love eating mine a few minutes after they’ve come out the oven while they’re still warm and the chocolate chunks are melted. Check the inside…
These cookies can be made vegan friendly by using a dairy free butter OR coconut oil and ensuring the dark chocolate is dairy free.
Chocolate chunk almond butter cookies
60g unsalted butter (dairy free if necessary)
50g almond butter
75g light brown sugar
25ml milk of choice
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cornflour
80g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
90g dark chocolate, chopped
20g hazelnuts, chopped
- Add the butter, almond butter, sugar to a bowl and whisk until pale and creamy.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and whisk again.
- Add the cornflour, plain flour, salt and bicarbonate soda and fold into the mixture until just combined.
- Add the chopped chocolate and hazelnuts and mix until evenly distributed.
- Place the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven to 180°c and line a large tray with parchment.
- Roll the mixture into 6 or 7 even balls. I used an ice-cream scoop.
- Place the balls apart on the tray, squash down a little, then bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool a little before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.